Monday, February 1, 2010

Lackluster.

Writer's block. When my axons don't fire. When my fingers lay motionless on the keyboard. When there seems to be little inspiration in my life.

Ah, but there is behind the surface. Music, books, thoughts, ideas, events scratch me every waking moment of my life. I just don't notice it. So this post is dedicated to the small things that have opened my eyes a little wider over the past few weeks, not including the wonderment of my friends. They deserve a post all their own that I will surely post on some idle Tuesday.

Fantastic Mr. Fox:

Easily on my personal Top 10 list of 2009 films. It was passionate, simple, funny, and everything a film should be. It also boasted a great voice cast (Jason Schwartzman, Meryl Streep, George Clooney, etc.), great director (Wes Anderson shout-out!), and, well, heart.
My favorite line was when Mrs. Fox says to offspring Ash Fox, "We're different. We all are. Him especially. But there's something kind of fantastic about that isn't there?"
Sums up my life.

"Under The Milky Way" by Sia:

I have always liked her, but I would have never known this song if it wasn't for the beauty of televeision. Thank you, Lincoln car commercial.

Six Feet Under:

I'm only on episode 3, but I can already tell you that I wish I caught this gem while it was still on Showtime. I come home yearning to know what happens at the Fisher & Sons funeral parlor. In three words, I am addicted. It's a thought-provoking dramedy with Michael C. Hall and Lauren Ambrose. Could I ask for more?

A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius:

I got this book for Christmas, and have devoured it since. I've been meaning to post about it, but I haven't found the proper way. I have no words to describe it. It's truly what the title says. Barnes & Noble it.

1 comment:

  1. Love the song, need to see the movie, dying to read the book... but all these things go without saying.

    P.s if you want the six feet under season DVD's, I can get them cheap at work. just let me know.

    Love,
    Tomato

    ReplyDelete